來!支持書寫香港故事的《器說⿓窯》— 新書預售眾籌計劃正式起動

Pre-order NOW! Support Objects of the Kiln - a book about Hong Kong’s past.


2020年7月2日 | July 2, 2020


https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/hkdragonkiln/hong-kongs-only-dragon-kiln


當你收拾舊物時,會勾起怎麼樣的回憶?若果「青山龍窯」是一個人,她於香港獨一無二,她的回 憶由香港四十年代開始:關於家園、傳統、離鄉別井、工業發展、藝文生活。《器說⿓窯》想訴說 的,不只是一條陶窯和一些陶器的故事,更是香港和香港人的故事。

是次出版計劃得力於全本地團隊, 從產自「青山龍窯」的器物當中,挑選九段器物的記憶,訴說九 個香港的故事。當中的資料搜集,更有如與時間競賽,團隊要找出仍健在的燒窯師傅和陶藝家訪問 ,並淺白而生動地呈現。而為了讓故事傳得更遠,書本會以中英文雙語出版。


要讓屬於龍窯、屬於香港八十年的故事流傳下去,團隊幾經努力從不同途徑找到七成資金,餘下來 的三成,龍窯關注組決定以新書預售方式展開眾籌。沒有你的支持,我們不可能成功。請於七月底 前支持我們的出版計劃,令這個香港故事面世。


如有垂詢,歡迎聯絡 hkdragonkiln@gmail.com.


香港龍窯關注組



Does tidying up your belongings evoke nostalgia? If the dragon kiln were a person, she would be a distinctive one. Her memory began in 1940s Hong Kong - about family, tradition, uprootedness, industrial development, and cultured lives. The stories in Objects of the Kiln are not only about a kiln and its objects, but also, most especially, the stories of Hong Kong and the people here.


This book project is realised by an all Hong Kong team. They selected nine familiar and iconic objects from the “Castle Peak Dragon Kiln” to tell nine stories of Hong Kong. The team has been racing against time to uncover the stories and memories from the then kiln masters and ceramic artists. With the aim to share these stories in and beyond Hong Kong, the book is bilingual with a style of unassuming and vivid story-telling.


The team has worked tirelessly and secured 70% of the book’s publication cost. In order to sustain the 80-year stories of Hong Kong and the kiln, we need your support for the remaining 30%. This crowdfunding project is a pre-sale event of the book from now to the end of July. Your support is indispensable for bringing these stories alive.


For further enquiries, please contact hkdragonkiln@gmail.com.


Hong Kong Dragon Kiln Concern Group



有關《器說⿓窯》 香港最後的一條龍窯


「回到五、六⼗年代,香港造陶業興盛,由泥到陶,出產不少香港製造的陶器,青山(即屯門)更 是當時香港造陶的「心臟地帶」。當中,「⻘⼭⿓窯」由商⼈司徒怒濤於四⼗年代興建,長20⽶, 20度傾斜,依山而建,由於未能成功發展出⼝陶器業務, 轉⼿把⿓窯交給燒窯師傅梁森經營,梁森

師傅伙拍⼀群燒窯⼯⼈,建立了「⼯合陶窯」象徵⼯⼈合作⽽成的陶窯,亦即今天的「⻘⼭⿓ 窯」。


九段器物的記憶,九個香港的故事

「⻘⼭⿓窯」燒製陶器品類繁多,曾出產不少家家⼾⼾必備的⽇⽤陶器。《器說⿓窯》精選九件產 自青山龍窯、最具代表性的陶器,讓九件陶器,帶我們回味香港舊時光﹕

• 砂煲 — 家傳⼿作砂煲是家的獨特味道

• 五加⽪酒樽 — 武俠⽚外⼀樣能暢飲的五加⽪

• 窯磚 — 燒陶器的陶窯就⽤陶泥造

• ⽔渠 — 隱沒於都市之中的衛⽣基建

• 錢罌 — ⼩時候為了⼼頭好摔破破了的多少個錢罌

• ⾦塔 — 泛談殯葬、⺠間習俗、燒陶傳統

• 瓦⽚ — 樸素屋簷下製作精美陶瓷裝飾

• 匣鉢 — 燒窯的秘密武器

• 關羽 — 精緻傳統藝術品


香港龍窯關注組

香港龍窯關注組是非牟利民間組織,2017年成立,成員集藝術界、建築界、教育界等不同背景,愛 好陶藝,推動龍窯保育及活化。

Facebook﹕@hkdragonkiln

Instagram﹕@hongkongdragonkiln

Website: hkdragonkiln.org


About Objects of the Kiln


By the 1950s, Castle Peak (now better known as Tuen Mun) was the heart of Hong Kong ceramic production with more than 10 ceramic factories. The Castle Peak Dragon Kiln, a 20-meter long tunnel-like structure, was built in the 40s by an overseas Chinese named Szeto Nao Tao (司徒怒 濤). Initially a money-losing business, Szeto hired Leung Sum (梁森), a Shiwan kiln master who settled in Hong Kong in the 50s. Eventually, Leung and his workers took over the kiln and renamed it the "Workers' Pottery Kiln" (⼯合陶窯), firing functional ware of daily use until the 1980s.


Nine Objects of the Kiln, Nine Stories of Hong Kong

Objects of the Kiln tells the story of a kiln and its objects. It is also a tale about Hong Kong and its people. We will tell the story of 9 iconic objects in our book:

• Clay pot – Handmade clay pot, homemade taste

• Ng Ka Py (五加⽪) wine bottle – Not just for martial arts movie heroes!

• Kiln brick – How a brick becomes a dragon kiln

• Clay pipe – The hidden hygiene infrastructure of a city

• Clay piggy bank – Saving up one coin at a time

• Re-burial urn (金塔) - Funeral practices, folk rituals, and pottery traditions • Roof tile - Refined ceramic decorations made under one simple roof

• Saggar (匣鉢) – The “secret weapon” of a successful firing

• Guan Yu (關羽) – Shiwan figurines and an enchanting sculpture tradition


Hong Kong Dragon Kiln Concern Group

The Hong Kong Dragon Kiln Concern Group is a non-profit civil society organization. We come from education, conservation, academic, arts and cultural sectors, as well as the ceramic industry, including potters, ceramic artists & workers, and art educators.

Facebook﹕@hkdragonkiln

Instagram﹕@hongkongdragonkiln

Website: hkdragonkiln.org